17 February 2010

World Cup coverage may help RP football

By FRANCIS SANTIAGO

Marielle Benitez, captain of the women’s national football team, strongly believes that the country’s first-ever live TV coverage of the FIFA World Cup in South, Africa starting this June, will be the momentum the sport needs to gain more popularity in the local scene.

Balls, a dedicated 24-hour channel aired on SkyCable 34 and Studio 23, TV stations owned by ABS-CBN, has been granted by FIFA the local coverage of the prestigious tournament, and Benitez thinks this will be a great opportunity for football, the world’s No. 1 sport, to draw more interest in a country which has basketball as its top sport.

“For football players like me, it’s going to be exciting. This will be one way of reaching out to more people and get them into the World Cup fever,” Benitez, a three-time UAAP MVP and member of the RP futsal squad, said during a press conference.

Manila Bulletin

7 comments:

  1. thanks for the infos .is it on pay per view ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Posted some 16 Football style blogger templates On my blog Just want to share with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are Balls/Studio 23/ABS-CBN definitely covering this event? I have looked at schedules for 12th June and there are no programs scheduled on any channel. Strange. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great News.

    I note what is said BUT I have tried and tried to ask the Channels mentioned to confirm that the World Cup will be shown where I live at Subic, Philipinnes but they do NOT reply.

    My question is therefore will we at Subic get the live World Cup matches and even if not live will we get replyas.

    If it is on 'pay-per-view then how do I subscribe????

    My email is terrys_gold@yahoo.com

    Warm regards

    Terry Griffiths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please tell me if and how the FIFA World Cup will be shown in Angeles City Pampanga.
    My e-mail : dnrob24@hotmail.com

    Regards,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi did anyone find out what channel we can watch fifa world cup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Balls - Ch 34 sa Sky Cable! Its REALLY ON! Just be sure to check the sched!

    ReplyDelete