27 July 2016

Guilherme Hasegawa Ready to Prove his Worth

With the departure of goalkeeper Tommy Trigo, the Loyola Meralco Sparks are likely to turn to Guilherme Hasegawa as the main option in between the sticks. Signed at the beginning of the season, the Japanese-Brazilian has started in the last few games, priming him for the added responsibility in the coming second round of League action.
Although Trigo’s return to Spain brings an opportunity to become a central figure in the team, Hasegawa admits he was saddened by Tommy’s departure.
“I just knew at the beginning of the month when he told me. I’m really sad that he will be leaving. It’s a really tough decision for a player to make and he’s still very young. But if that’s what he decides for him, I’m happy for him that he takes that decision. I’m sad to lose one very good teammate. We’ve been training very well to get there. He’s a very good player, a very good goalkeeper,” said Hasegawa.
Guilherme now faces competition from youngster Ace Villanueva, and Ricardo Padilla to be first-choice keeper. And while he accepts his selection isn’t guaranteed, he’s prepared to maximize any chance given to him.
“If I have my opportunities, I will grab it the hardest that I can to prove why I’m here, and that I want to help Meralco however I can. If I have the opportunity to play the following games, I will be very happy. I hope to give all that Meralco needs.”
http://onemeralcosports.com/loyola-sparks/guilherme-hasegawa-ready-to-prove-his-worth/

No comments:

Post a Comment